Most painful to wear braces? , How much will i hurt?

Q 1 Most painful to wear braces? : My new braces hurt! I've been trying medicine but everything wears off within 2 hours. Suggestions?
Also, what is some good food to eat for a vegetarian?
How else can I alleviate the pain?
Thank you!

Q2 Most painful to wear braces? : I had my braces on for over 3 years and they were recently taken off. The pain is something you get used to, but if it is really bothering you, try taking ibuprofen, it helps. For me, it took about a week to two weeks (depending on what was done in the office) for the pain to stop. I ate a lot of pudding, jello, soup, mashed potatoes, anything soft. I am not a vegetarian, but just try looking at what is in your diet that is really soft. If you can swallow it without chewing, it is fine to eat when you are in pain, but watch the temperature, sometimes extreme temps can cause discomfort.
Good Luck!! It will get better!

HOW MUCH WILL I HURT? IS IT PAINFUL TO WEAR BRACES?

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/5688/379207mainfull035916003.jpghttp://img705.imageshack.us/img705/8659/clearmetalbracescompari.jpg

“Not too much” and “so so” would be the 2 fast answers. Before you just renounce the idea of having straight teeth, let me try to explain this better. There are millions of people who treat their crooked teeth (many kids or teenagers), it shouldn’t be so painful. And it’s not.

I can tell you about my own experience in 2 systems: Damon (metal braces) and Invisalign. I got my metal braces 1 year ago. The entire process was scarier when reading about it, than the real thing. The braces got on my lateral teeth (we only braced these) on both arches and I was ready to go. With my dental wax too and the new life ahead of me. I was told to use Kethonal or any other painkiller if I couldn’t cope with the pain, prepare for few hard days and then it will be better. And it was.

After 2-3 hours I was already feeling some pressure on my teeth. It was something like my finger was in my mouth and I was pushing them a bit. Nothing too serious, sure, I didn’t take any medication. I ate with care and then went to sleep.

Morning came: I got up and accidentally clenched my teeth. AUCH! The pain almost made me scream. After getting some nice swearing done (that was the least I could do), I got to the kitchen to eat something. Yeah, sure. I wasn’t able to press my teeth against anything since it was painful. I didn’t hurt if they didn’t touch anything (so I just had my mouth slightly open as to have the teeth not touch). The pressure was still there, but the pain would appear ONLY when I clenched my teeth. So, I stopped doing this and didn’t take medication at all either. It really wasn’t the case.

I started eating mashed potatoes and all kinds of soft foods. For 2-3 days I was just like an old woman, even my grandma ate better (and you can imagine she didn’t miss the chance to observer how “old” I was).

In few days the pain wasn’t that big anymore and I started eating bread (not anything hard) and some foods that weren’t as soft as a newly born’s menu anymore. I was able to clench my teeth without kicking anyone and my brushing was more pleasant. I did try to keep a perfect hygene in the pain days and it was pretty nice.

After 1 week I was able to ditch the wax too (for few days I made my fill with dental wax and was certain I’d need some special deliveries, maybe a truck of wax, due to the huge need I had) and eat like a normal person. My doctor told me it would be a good idea to not try anything too hard (nuts or something like that) so that I don’t damage my braces, but God is my witness I could eat if I wanted to.

After each adjustment I’d have 1-2 days of some pain (not huge one, never took medication for this) and then it was all OK. The first days are the worse (when you get braced in), afterwards your teeth get adjusted to the braces so that you’d be able to “recover” faster from each adjustment.

Now I have Invisalign and still expect that pain. Maybe I got used to the metal braces that are a bit more “strong” or maybe I am just lucky. After getting the Invisalign trays on I got home and started eating fast (so that I can then eat soft foods again because of the possible pain). Waited for some hours, no pain. Just a slight pressure on my teeth. Next day: one incisor hurt. “Thank God, I’m normal.” Nothing else. In few hours the incisor stopped hurting while I was able to eat normally, even if I was prepared for another “old woman menu” for some days at least.

1 week into the treatment: I really doubt I’ll see pain anymore. I still feel that slight pressure on the teeth (more like a tickle) and nothing more. Looks like my life now will be pain-free. So .. the painkillers can remain untouched.

My conclusion would be that you should expect SOME pain. There are patients who are more sensitive and need some medication, at least in those first days, while others are “dancing” through the treatment. Just don’t fear this pain that much since it doesn’t last and in some cases it might not even appear. Just schedule that meeting with your orthodontist and DO IT. I tell you I don’t regret this, even if I was in pain for weeks. My treatments were so easy that I would be crazy not to finish this or not think that it’s too bad I didn’t do this earlier.

From : answers.yahoo.com,orthodontics-today.com

Relate:
- How To Make Stained Yellow Teeth White Again
- Simple Home Remedies for Whitening Teeth
- Remedies for Toothache Relief
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl